7.05.2012

I'm goin' to Jackson, I'm gonna mess around,

Well, go on down to Jackson; go ahead and wreck your health.
Go play your hand you big-talkin' man, make a big fool of yourself,
Yeah, go to Jackson; go comb your hair!
Honey, I'm gonna snowball Jackson.
See if I care.
Yeah, I'm goin' to Jackson,
Look out Jackson town. 
I can’t even say the word Jackson and not get this song stuck in my head.


Dean and some of his buddies entered the Jackson Hole Rodeo on the 4th. I was a little apprehensive to go because I really didn’t want to miss Plain City’s Celebration but we had fun and I’m glad we went.



We left Wednesday morning and because we timed it just right Andrea had the genius idea to stop at the Soda Spring parade on our way out of town. Josie had a good time gathering candy and then we were on our way. 
Dear Jackson Hole Mercantile:
If you don't want the kids to pet all your taxidermied animals don't put them so dang low.
 The kids had such a good time. They were so busy and so so dirty.
Dean was in the slack but he place 7th overall, to bad they only paid 6 holes. 
Most people that sleep in their trailer have living quarters but I just save the 20 grand and made my own. We couldn't have even got a hotel if we wanted to they were all sold out or $500 bucks. I was a little nervous about how this was going to go but it was wonderful. We were warm and the kids slept through the night. Dean didn't sleep much but I would rather him then the kids.
Trig couldn't hold still during the rodeo. Josie LOVED it. She is getting so fun to take places. She wanted to be a princess on a horse; and she laughed and laughed that the cows bucked the guys off. The whole night was exciting for her. It was exciting for me too I guess, each year I'm surprised how much I still love a good Rodeo. Something about the perfect weather, John Wayne's rendition of "Why I love her", and lame announcer jokes just make me happy.
 Thursday we woke up and and had breakfast at the Mangy Moose in Teton Village. I had never been to Teton Village so it was a fun new adventure. We went to the square afterwards for a while and got the classic Jackson Hole picture. Ironically I asked an oriental lady to take it for us. But then she said me to take one of her family so the irony went out the window.

2 comments:

The White's said...

What a fun time! Nice job dean on 7 place. And your sleeping quarters looked very comfortable, why couldn't dean sleep?
I'm glad you love rodeos, plus your husband wad in it, super cool!
Good luck Josie, i'm sure in time you and June, will be rodeo stars, it is in your blood. that and. being a good 4 Wheeler driver. Ha ha ha. But out is true.

emily ballard said...

Next time your husband is in a rodeo, please let me know beforehand so we can go cheer him on. I have to make good use of my loud kids somehow.