7.19.2010

An Answered Prayer

When Dean asked me to marry him he gave me a ring. About that same time Dean's grandpa Bernard also gave me a ring. This part is important - This ring is Bernard's grandmothers (Annie Caroline Thomain Thorsen) She was from Denmark and the ring is at least 130 years old. I love it, I really really love it. I loved Bernard, I only got to know him for two years but I heard a lot of his stories... more than once, ate a lot of things I wouldn't have if I wasn't afraid to tell him no, and tried to sneak a lot of ear and eyebrow trims during a hair cut before he would swat me away. I love how much Dean Loved Bernard and still talks about him daily. Needless to say Bernard is a special guy and he gave my a special ring, I love him for trusting me with it.
About a month ago I slept over at my moms and and next day Dean and I went to Jackson Hole, on the way home I noticed I didn't have my ring from Bernard. I had been so many places I had no idea where it could have been, I was sick. I never take my rings off, if I do I only take them off together and put them right in my jewelry box. The ring was appraised and insured but it didn't even matter I was so upset. I said many many prayers and called my family to pray for me. I asked my mom to look at her house she called with no luck. I looked more, and more. I called her again and asked her to look more. We all prayed, and finally my mom called and told me she found it in the sheets of the bed I had slept in. Apparently she is more in tune than me because she got to find it but really I was so thankful. I have never had anything that irreplaceable lost before it was a sadness I never want to know again. Thanks Mom for your diligence and prayers.

2 comments:

The White's said...

Ooo I love that ring too! Im so glad mom found it. I also didn't remember how much Deans dad and grandpa look a like.

Well not you know Josie is the 2nd cutest baby. But her pictrues are awesome and I love all of her hair bows your so good at that.

Austin & Shawnee said...

I am super glad you found it! I have not has such good luck. Remember I lost my bracelet my grandpa gave me to the lawn mower at Weber State, and the necklace my dad gave me with the diamond from his mom's wedding ring. I still get anxiety about it.