1.10.2010

What a Disaster...
We just remodeled our house in June and again last week! We had an old oil furnace that vented through the chimney, apparently that is against more than one safety code. The ashes from the chimney backed up into the furnace and filled our house with carbon monoxide and a whole lot of soot. Their was a gray film on every surface of my house. My insurance paid me to clean it up and they replaced what didn't come clean.
My Wonderful family came up and helped me wash all the walls and clean everything. We painted what wouldn't come clean and the day after they left the carpet guy came and replaced the carpet.

Leann and Lacey weren't very much help but they were fun and they did do a great job modeling the effect the old carpet had on a good pair of socks.

Addy was an awesome motivator and worked quickly. Maddie made a good sidekick!

My mom was a trooper she stayed the longest and worked really hard. She washed and ironed all the curtains, tended the baby, cleaned, and was good company. She was really good to me.

Angela meticulously made the door look wonderful. I'm not entirety sure the head lamp was necessary but it was on top of the fridge so naturally you would need to put it on. The sun glasses may not have been the most effective but she needed something to protect her eyes from the drill flipping paint in them.

Mike Put in this new furnace for me. THANKS MIKE!!! You can see the beast that started it all needed to go, it was huge and so dirty.

I tired to take pictures but they don't really do the mess justice.


Emilee and Maddie came up again the following weekend but I didn't get any pictures. She helped me make a lot of really good meals and gave me a lot of recipe ideas. She wasn't impressed with my lack of spices, so I will have to work on that if I ever want to cook as amazing as she does. Don't worry she left me some of hers so at least a have a small start. Thanks Em!









3 comments:

The White's said...

Thank you for a great post. Miss Josie holds her own bottel!?!? That is great. Also wow she is big/little. She is doing big girl things and she is very cute.
Im glad your house was cleaned and i hope it really is clean and more soot just wont show up again, BUT if it does call me to come up I had a great time plus i need my nails filled.

Braden and Annie said...

oh that sounds terrible! But that is so nice of your sisters and mom to come help you. Josie is getting big, and so cute, I do love her bows! And I still need to come see your house, I just may have to come without my husband.

Chelsie said...

goo, i'm sorry about the furnace. no es bueno. but that's sweet the the fam came up to help, they're pretty fabulous. love all the pics. when it warms up i want to make a road trip up there with my boys, sound good? love ya